Services for people who are buying, selling, or simply staying put

study-harmony-interiors

Services Offered

  • Walk-through with written report to allow sellers to prepare their property themselves
  • Full hands-on home staging, using Seller’s furniture and accessories
  • Full hands-on home staging with furniture rental for vacant properties

Effectively Market Your Property for Sale

Whether you have already selected a realtor or want to organize and prepare your property beforehand, Harmony Interiors’ home staging services will assist home owners to meet their goals. I work with you as a team to effectively market your property for sale.

10% of buyers can see the potential of a property through someone’s belongings and clutter. The other 90% needs to be shown the benefits a home will offer. As a professional and insured home stager I offer a variety of services. From a walk through with a written report for you to use as a check-list, working with you to move furniture, organizing and packing, undertaking the staging for you or staging a vacant property with my inventory, I tailor my services to best suit your needs.

Sadly, much media attention has been given to home improvement, buying and selling, and home staging. Buyers are now expecting to view picture-perfect properties, and consider it the norm. Home staging is not just about lightening, brightening, creating an illusion of space with careful placement of furniture, de-cluttering and organizing, but also about setting a mood and inviting buyers to want to move right in!

Stage it First

You typically get the most interest in a property in the first two weeks so it is vital for it to look its best before you put it on the market. This gives your real estate agent an opportunity to take the best photographs for internet and other marketing material, and the property will shine during open houses and showings. If your property is already on the market and has been sitting for a while, it isn’t too late to make a change.
brightwood living room after - web

Important Factors

There are four main things that drive the sale of a property:

1. Price

2. Location

3. Size

4. Condition

You have no control over the size or location of your property and pricing should be competitive, but how a property looks can make or break a sale even before a buyer has moved from the comfort of their living room, with one click of a mouse! Most buyers shop online and only after they have shortlisted their selections call their real estate agent to set up showings. It is important to make a great first impression! Don’t let your property be overlooked or used as the comparative property to sell another house in your neighborhood!

How do buyers shop for a home?

According to a report published by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) buyers are using online resources to search for a property, more than any other method of home buying.
Information sources used in home search:

Internet: 90%
Real estate agent: 87%
Yard sign: 53%
Open house: 45%
Newspaper ad: 27%
Home book or magazine: 18%

Actions taken as result of Internet home search:

Walked through a home viewed online: 62%
Found agent used to search/buy home: 32%
Drove by/viewed a home: 76%

chart

Source: 2012 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
 

Our realtor hired Julie to come in and advise us on what needed to be done to our house to make it ready to put on the market.  She came in and within a few hours had developed a plan to make the house look amazing.  Her innovative and creative ideas to place furniture and items we already owned enlarged and brightened each room making them welcoming.  She focused on keeping a potential buyer’s eye on the space rather than on our personal items.  All this and we didn’t have to buy anything new!  Since then our realtor has been able to take great photographs that makes our house shine above the rest.  Additionally, Julie is charming, a real pleasure to work with.  Her down to earth sophistication gave us the fact lift our house needed.”

– Bev & Chuck W.